Lipa Later is a risk free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly installments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape a bright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. Through joining our team, you will not only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
Our Team :
By joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented professionals
The role will include the following responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Junior Accountant will be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization.
- Confirming and updating all payments received that relates to loan repayments, Investor contributions, and Clients Top Up contributions.
- Posting of payments to the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Responding to any queries regarding loan repayments, Top Ups, or Clients’ contributions.
- Confirming loan details on the loan payment vouchers against entries in the loan management system.
- Preparing daily disbursements and collections reports. Collections reports include Partial Receipts, Drop Offs, Nil (Zero) receipted accounts, and Full Settlements.
- Filling and retrieval of all payment vouchers relating to loans and expenses.
- Weekly reconciliation of Petty cash transactions and posting entries in the accounting system.
- Fully support the senior Accountant during the reporting and consolidation process.
- Aid in ensuring the reliability and integrity of the accounting system reporting.
- Analysis of actual vs budgeted figures and query variances.
- Working closely with auditors and ensuring this is done on a timely basis.
- Documenting procedures and maintain a strong internal control environment.
- Ad-hoc tasks required by the finance team (e.g. tax preparation).
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Hands-on experience working with general ledgers
- Proficiency in SAGE accounting software
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices esp. IFRS/IAS and Kenyan GAAP
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant accounting software
- Bachelor’s Degrees in the following subjects- Accounting or Finance
- Qualifications (e.g. CPA, ACCA, or CIMA) are required.
If interested, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘’Junior Accountant’’