Lipa Later is a risk-free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly installments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape a bright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. Through joining our team, you will not only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
Professional Development :
Our proprietary algorithmic credit scoring is on course to have a huge impact on consumer credit markets by improving the accuracy of creditworthiness assessment, thereby increasing the accessibility of credit from mainstream lenders. As we are looking to approve an even larger volume of applications, we apply different machine learning techniques such as Default prediction, confusion matrix, and behavioral scoring.
Our Team :
By joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented professionals.
About the Role:
The Senior Account Manager will support the Partner Success Manager towards establishing and maintaining positive relationships with the organization’s partners across the country. The holder of this role will report directly to the Partner Success Manager.
Key responsibilities will include:
- On-board and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with partners.
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits.
- Ensure that the partners are always updated with accurate information about the company.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to partners’ needs and objectives.
- Develop new business with existing partners and/or identify areas to improve.
- Set targets and metrics with regards to partners and ensure these are met.
- Develop strategies to stay ahead of the competition.
- Drafting and preparing business proposals.
- Collaborating with the marketing department to ensure alignment on campaigns and promotional strategies.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with high-level partners and accounts.
- Prepare reports on account status.
Who we are looking for:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Management, or a related course.
- You have at least five years’ experience in Account Management and have experience developing and maintaining high-level partnerships/Accounts.
- You have strong written and verbal communication.
- You are excited about taking on challenges and have a knack for problem-solving.
- You have a track record of achieving strong results through others.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and hustler mentality.
- You have experience leading a team and are able to clearly communicate tasks and objectives to the people you are leading.
- You have past experience achieving strong results in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a strong track record of success in a Sales/Business development role.