Lipa Later is a risk-free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly installments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape a bright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. Through joining our team, you will not only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
Professional Development :
Our proprietary algorithmic credit scoring is on course to have a huge impact on consumer credit markets by improving the accuracy of creditworthiness assessment, thereby increasing the accessibility of credit from mainstream lenders. As we are looking to approve an even larger volume of applications, we apply different machine learning techniques such as Default prediction, confusion matrix, and behavioral scoring.
Our Team :
By joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented professionals.
About the Role:
The Junior Credit Analyst is part of the credit team whose responsibilities are to analyze credit information on current and potential borrowers, collaborate with other departments, and contribute to the development of credit models. The holder of this position will report directly to the Senior Credit Analyst.
Responsibilities will include
Analyze credit information
- Promptly evaluating credit data of both current and potential borrowers to determine the level of creditworthiness.
- Reviewing financial statements of borrowers in order to recommend payment plans.
- Reviewing the Credit history information from Credit Bureaus and making use of that in determining credit decisions
- Assist in the development of New markets credit scorecards
- Adjust the different credit scorecard to enable integrations and partnerships
- Prepare reports and report monthly on the performance of the different credit options/strategies being used by the organization
Collaboration with the other departments
- Liaise with the data team responsible for developing machine learning models useful in credit
- Liaise with the tech department regarding bugs and fixes needed on the centralized platform (the back-end)
- Consulting with the collections departments on incorporating suggestions and necessary changes as observed in customer loan repayment history
- Execute work in coordination with the telesales team regarding credit related communication
- Collaboration in coming up with structure and data warehousing essential to the organizational long term goals
Contribute to the development of credit models
- Revamping and consistently improving the credit scoring logic to establish accurate levels of risk of the customer segments.
- Periodically review and update the department’s FAQs and the credit handbook for easy reference by other members.
- Monthly audit of the different credit options (risk profiles)
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or other business-related fields
- One to three years of strong quantitative experience
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and general computer use
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects in a high-pressure work environment, with varying degrees of supervision
- Strong attention to detail and ability to notice discrepancies in data
- Impeccable understanding of financial literacy – statements, ratios, and concepts
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Quick learner and eager to explore difficulties
- Good data manipulation skills
If interested, kindly send your CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Junior Credit Analyst” by 28th August 2020.