Lipa Later is a risk-free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly installments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape a bright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. Through joining our team, you will not only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
Professional Development :
Our proprietary algorithmic credit scoring is on course to have a huge impact on consumer credit markets by improving the accuracy of creditworthiness assessment, thereby increasing the accessibility of credit from mainstream lenders. As we are looking to approve an even larger volume of applications, we apply different machine learning techniques such as Default prediction, confusion matrix, and behavioral scoring.
Our Team :
By joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented professionals.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager will be responsible for overseeing all staff, budgets, formulating overall strategy, managing people, and establishing policies and operations of the local business unit.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Overseeing daily business operations.
- Business development and sales strategies.
- Developing and implementing growth strategies.
- Training managers and staff.
- Creating and managing budgets.
- Improving revenue.
- Hiring employees and talent recruitment.
- Evaluating performance and productivity.
- Analyzing accounting and financial data.
- Researching and identifying growth opportunities.
- Coordinate the development of KPIs and functions and direct reports.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the business unit.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of the unit’s offerings to customers.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Set policies and processes.
- Direct the employee assessment process.
- Prepare regular reports for upper management.
General Manager Requirements:
- Degree or Masters in Business Management or a Masters in Business Administration.
- Good knowledge of different business functions.
- Management leadership is required.
- Experience in planning and budgeting.
- Experience working in different markets.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and hustler mentality
- Proactive nature.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
If interested, kindly send your CV to email@example.com with the subject line “General Manager Kenya” by 31st July 2020.