Lipa Later is a risk free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly installments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers.The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape abright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. Through joining our team, you will nor only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
Professional Development :
Our proprietary algorithmic credit scoring is on course to have a huge impact on consumer credit markets by improving the accuracy of creditworthiness assessment, thereby increasing the accessibility of credit from mainstream lenders. As we are looking to approve an even larger volume of applications, we apply different machine learning techniques such as Default prediction, confusion matrix, and behavioral scoring.
Our Team :
By joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented professionals.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
The treasury accountant will be responsible for cash reporting, cash forecasting, bank reconciliations, and ensuring that all bank movements are recorded on the GL.
- Preparation of weekly bank reconciliations and ensuring all variances are resolved within prescribed timelines.
- Preparation of monthly cash reports based on cash movements for the month.
- Preparation of monthly cash forecasts based on anticipated inflows and outflows.
- Responsible for updating Investor statements on a monthly basis taking into account movements for the month.
- Transition the update of the credit card statements and work with the Collections team to ensure timely settlement of outstanding amounts.
- Coordinate the update of the general ledger for all cash and bank movements.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- Professional certification of CPA II+ is ideal.
- Should have 1-3 years’ experience.
- Experience working with a Fintech organization is an added advantage
- Past experience working in a corporate setting preferred
- Analytical with a keen eye for detail
- A strong communicator who is not afraid of voicing their opinions and thoughts.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Capable of working well and meeting deadlines under minimal supervision.
If interested, kindly send your CV, and Salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘’Treasury Accountant’’