Lipa Later is a risk-free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly installments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape a bright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. Through joining our team, you will not only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
Professional Development :
Our proprietary algorithmic credit scoring is on course to have a huge impact on consumer credit markets by improving the accuracy of creditworthiness assessment, thereby increasing the accessibility of credit from mainstream lenders. As we are looking to approve an even larger volume of applications, we apply different machine learning techniques such as Default prediction, confusion matrix, and behavioral scoring.
Our Team :
By joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented professionals.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Collections, the Field Collections Officer will be tasked with collection/ recovery of debt owned by debtors interns of cash or assets. This includes a combination of visits and follow-ups on pending previous arrangements.
Reports to: Head of Collections
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identify clients to be visited depending on the severity of their delinquency.
- Work in conjunction with the debt Managers in identifying the potentially risky clients and conducting Field Visits on them.
- Conduct a skip- trace on the delinquent accounts and identify where they can be traced- being their Place of employment or Residence.
- Negotiate for clearance of arrears/default with clients depending on the interaction in the Field.
- Daily update Individual Field Portfolio records – that is repayments made, Promises to Pay made, demand notices sent, accounts recommended for repossession, accounts repossessed from.
- Ensure demand notices for debtors who did not keep their Promises to Pay are sent in a timely manner as per policy.
- Conduct repossessions on defaulted accounts as per plan.
Who we are looking for:
- At least two (2) years’ experience in Debt Collection with at least one (1) years’ experience in field collections.
- A Motorcycle License with at least two (2) years’ experience in riding
- Experience as a Supervisor in a Security Firm is an added advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in usage of debt record databases
- A good and clear speaker
- A good listener
- An aggressive individual
- A persistent individual
- Works well with minimal supervision
- Report writing and presentation skills